Friday, January 30, 2009

Of Kurtas and Jeans!!

Not so long ago there was a time when I grew my hair long, shaved twice a month (at the most thrice) and believed I could rule the world in a kurta and a pair of jeans! Today the only thing I find wrong in that statement is the tense!

"So what happened? "
(How predictable a question?)

"Life happened!"
(An even more predictable answer!)

As I study my clean-shaven countenance in the mirror, the predictability of my own statement stings, like a slap across my bearded, long-haired face! And yet the shameless lips curl up in an ironic smile! As if to mock the thoughts in my head. Thoughts I dare not whisper. Of how the boy in his kurta cared not for the future and yet his eyes twinkled with dreams while the man in his suit looks only to the future but dares not dream!

2 comments:

  1. too confusing for me !!!
    - globetrotter09

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be we should go back to dreaming once more, not wish them to come true because then it becomes reality and reality is....just that ....REALITY.
    Return to innocence
    Joy

    ReplyDelete