Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Distance

Sometimes the teenager in me wakes up from slumber and then out comes some cheesy romantic poetry that once could have gotten me a lovely evening away from the solitude of my hostel room...today I just use it to put something on a blog that has been neglected for long...


Distance

I cannot bear to hear your voice some days
Because it reminds me in so many ways
Of all the words you didn't say
Of memories wilting in May
Of caresses and kisses so sweet
They never really were complete
No, I cannot bear to hear your voice
Talk to me and mesmerize
When the distance that my heart can leap
My eyes can only see and weep
So let the silence tonight prevail
When words we know are bound to fail.


4 comments:

  1. I do agree. Words are often grossly inadequate. And aw cmon, it's not cheesy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TUIB: it sure didnt sound cheesy when i wrote it while i waited for the patient to be admitted in the middle of the night. but the morning after it did somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think a writer is a good objective judge of their own writing. That happens to me, too, somehow, usually when I write something at night and go to bed. I read it the next morning and think what utter crap it all is. You go from loving it to hating it in the short span of seven hours! And then two days later, I think it's not that bad and can be salvaged a little. It's a truly weird thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TUIB: i can accuse of knowing my exact thoughts and putting them in the above comment!!

    ReplyDelete