Saturday, November 26, 2011

Keeping tabs


I hate generalizations, but the following is after much observation and many conversations with others who've observed similarly.

A bunch of friends (females) go out for a dutch party, they eat, they drink, they have a great time; and when the bill comes they calculate neatly what whose share is according to what they had and split the bill. If they make a mistake in their calculations they call each other up the next day and sort it out.

A bunch of friends (males) go out for a dutch party, they eat, they drink, they have a great time; and when the bill comes they split it up approximately and fish out the money. Someone says he is a little short, another just pays up and so on and the bill is settled. The next day no one really remembers who paid what and don’t even care.

Now, what this makes me wonder here is – is it the same in relationships?

3 comments:

  1. Umm, we do pay for our friends when they fall short you know. :P We just remember the next day and try not to have credit to our name.

    And yeah, I think it is the same with relationships. Remember what Dorothy Parker said? Women and elephants never forget. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't wondering that much about remembering/forgetting, as I was about keeping count and evening out the balance sheet!
    You don't like credit to your name,what about debit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cant keep count if you dont remember things. ;) So my dad says about my spending, atleast. :D And the same goes for debit as debt, I think.

    ReplyDelete