Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lying on the Grass


When did I last see the moon held close by a barren tree?
When did I last hear the wind laugh, as it skimmed the waters free?
And when it stopped did i notice, the leaves all stand so still?
Not just foliage, each an individual, with its own will!
When last did I stop to watch the cloud smile like a child
And then as the minutes passed,change into an elephant wild?
And did I see those lights afar,shimmering on the lake;
dancing with the current, a hint of dawn so fake.
When did I last lie on the grass and gaze upon a star
and not a pallid glow of doom, that the city skies are?
Today I heard a song of youth, and a song from days gone by.
Saw the lights and lakes and leaves and wondered loudly - why?

2 comments:

  1. I also wonder why.......why you are suddenly writing so well!!
    Honestly- last few posts have been really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! inspiration comes strangely!!

    ReplyDelete